The Borough of Chester is located in southwestern Morris County, NJ, at the intersection of State Highway 24 and U.S. Highway 206. The Borough enjoys a flourishing commercial area while most of the land area in the 1.45 square miles of our community is devoted to single family housing. Chester itself was established as a separate political entity in 1799, at which time "Chester" meant the area of both the Township and the downtown Village area which came to be the Borough. The Borough of Chester was incorporated in 1930, and is today a separate municipality surrounded by Chester Township.
The municipal complex is located at 50 North Road. The municipal building is the largest of the buildings on the property located to the right of the main driveway.